Thursday, September 6, 2007

Blog Better

Susan Hill, a well-known British author, is offering a Creative Writing course on her blog and I've signed up. Now that I've had a "proper tea" I should fit in with my "classmates" quite well. It's all online, of course, but wouldn't it be fun to have a meet up in London after the course? Maybe I'll sign my new book contract over there.

My best friend's oldest son attends a small university in Vermont and it's Homecoming this weekend. I leave on a 6 a.m. flight tomorrow (I will definitely have to sleep in the car tonight all dressed and ready to go). He is the quarterback of the football team and we're going to cheer him on to victory! Hopefully he ordered enough corsages; he'll have six dates for the Homecoming Dance -- his mother, me, two of his sisters, his girlfriend and her mother. Actually, I don't think there is a dance (darn!). I also hope he doesn't plan on having much alone time w/ his girlfriend because we expect to be entertained!

While my hope was for fall foliage, the weather reports show temperatures still in the high 80s, so that's not going to happen. It is beautiful country though and will be a nice change from hot, flat Florida. (I'm sitting outside with an industrial fan blowing on me and I'm slick w/ mosquito repellent. AND I think I'm getting a summer cold, of all things.)

Mr. Quarterback's sister is staying w/ us tonight; the two of us will meet the other four at JFK. Last year they missed their connections and ended up riding from NYC to the school with total strangers. Nice strangers, though.

Now that I've established myself as having dillusions of grandeur and other ridiculous expectations, I hope you will come back again. You can see if my writing improves over the next few months or even critique some of my homework!

P.S. The "boys" are both OK over in the Sandbox.

1 comment:

Michele said...

Hi Jo Ann, Man, I still love that photo of you! You look awesome in it!
I can't email you. It keeps bouncing back to me and saying it's spam I'm sending you. Someone has blacklisted me on your end for some reason. Do you have another email address? Send me one if you can when you can! HUGS!
Michele.